Hot Off the Presses, Our Updated Guide to PM Essentials
PM College, the training division of PM Solutions, today announced the publication of its latest book – Project Management Essentials 4th Edition. For those new to project management, unofficial project managers, or project team members, Project Management Essentials is the quickest and easiest way to learn how to manage projects successfully. It is well-known as the authority on building a solid project management foundation and the cornerstone of PM College’s Project Management Basics course.
Written by PM College’s prestigious senior faculty, including William P. Athayde, J.D., PMP, Ruth Elswick, PMP, and Paul Lombard, PMP, CQM, and edited by PM College Co-CEO Deborah Bigelow Crawford, Project Management Essentials provides simple techniques and templates to help ensure that projects succeed. The fourth edition helps readers discover:
- The key skills and knowledge needed to effectively manage projects
- How to create an effective charter to start projects off right
- Guidelines for building a usable project plan
- Tips for breaking project work into manageable pieces
- Techniques for accurately estimating project cost and schedule
- Help in building a team and the different leadership styles that can be used to manage the team
- Strategies to deal with conflict, change, uncertainty, and risk
- How to report on the progress of the project and keep everyone concerned happy.
Project Management Essentials is written in short, clear chapters to make project management more easily understood. The authors bring both their business experience and their academic backgrounds to make these chapters come alive.
This updated edition offers even more templates and content than the widely used earlier editions and complies with the latest project management standard, the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition. It can be pre-ordered from Amazon and is currently being referenced as the main text supporting PM College’s most popular Project Management Basics course.