In tandem with training programs, PM College also offers experienced Project Management Mentor(s) to work one-on-one with course participants to reinforce sound project management concepts and skills obtained from the project management training courses, and help them apply these concepts within their work practices. The goals behind our mentoring and coaching services are to:
- Encourage the development of competencies more easily gained through example, guided practice, or experience (leadership and management development)
- Bridge the gap between theory and practice. Formal education and training is complemented by the knowledge and the hands-on experience of a competent practitioner (education support)
- Enable skills to be passed on in the workplace by experienced, highly competent professionals to others who need to acquire specified skills (skills enhancement)
- Support staff in the planning, development and management of their careers by assisting them in tackling the challenges of change while also becoming more self-reliant in their careers and self-directed learners (career development)
- Model desired behaviors, encourage the development of competencies, motivate for service quality and cultivate the right attitudes (customer service)
- Provide mentoring workshops for more senior project managers that have staff mentoring responsibilities (internal knowledge transfer)
This type of mentoring reinforces the knowledge and tools acquired during training programs and provides consultative advice on business interactions. At all times, our mentoring services are provided in a manner consistent with accepted project management principles, practices and standards as defined in PMI’s PMBOK® Guide. In addition, PM College’s mentoring services are aligned with our clients’ methodologies, processes, and techniques currently in use.
To learn more about how PM College can provide on-the-job mentoring for your project personnel, contact PM College today at 1-888-619-2819 (toll free).